Welcome to New Zealand Teledermatology
News: 10 April 2016
New Zealand Teledermatology is proud to announce that its specialist dermatologists have conducted more than 1000 consultations with 74 referring health practitioners. In March 2016, average response time was under 4 hours. Contact us if you'd like to join our network!
What is New Zealand Teledermatology?
New Zealand Teledermatology provides dermatology services to health providers in New Zealand via a store-and-forward telemedicine network (Collegium Telemedicus).
Established in March 2015, New Zealand Teledermatology contracts with GP organisations, District Health Boards and other healthcare providers in New Zealand that require clinical advice from a dermatologist. For example:
- For diagnosis where this is uncertain
- For triage prior to referral to face-to-face service
- For tips regarding investigations or management
The aims of New Zealand Teledermatology
The aims of New Zealand Teledermatology are:
- To provide a clinical resource for General Practitioners and other health practitioners in New Zealand in support of diagnosis and management of skin diseases in their patients
- To employ dermatologists and, as appropriate, other specialists that are vocationally registered by the Medical Council of New Zealand
- To endeavour to promptly respond to requests for advice from our clients
- To ensure confidentiality, privacy and security of consultations
- To adhere to the recommendations of the Medical Council of New Zealand regarding telemedical activities
- To adhere to other national or regional telehealth guidelines
We invite District Health Boards, PHOs, Integrated Health Centres, Elderly care organisations, institutions, and individual General Practitioners in New Zealand to contact us if they are interested in establishing a teledermatology contract.